I’m excited to announce that Hive Caitlin has been placed on site this morning! Stuart very kindly drove to Dumfries yesterday to collect the hive. We left it closed up last night in the garden and this morning, with help from Niall, we moved it onsite. It’s a full size functioning colony, hopefully ready to produce honey this year. The smell coming from the hive was amazing! I’m going to let them settle this week, then I’ll hopefully be able to open the hive and have a look at what I’ve got. Exciting!!
I also did a few housekeeping jobs on Hive Rebecca yesterday. The mouse guard was removed, the fondant supplies were checked and the Varroa count board was replaced – which I’ll inspect next week. I had a good nosy in the entrance and got an amazing picture of the bees and their wax creation just above the Varroa floor. I think that might be pollen in the cells on the top left. The signs are looking good for Hive Rebecca!